Next Steps Brioche
Brioche knitting creates a loose beautifully squishy fabric with lovely drape. It works by knitting and slipping stitches with yarn overs. When worked with two colours it creates stunning reversible fabrics.
This class is a follow on from our introduction to Brioche workshop and includes a recap on basic skills and then goes on to more advanced Brioche techniques including:
- Brioche knits and purls in one colour
- Two colour brioche knitting with Italian cast on
- Syncopated brioche
- Recap on basic increases and decreases
- Advanced increases and decreases
- Reading brioche charts
- Combining brioche with other stitch patterns
- Matching Italian cast off
You will need to bring the following:
- 2 colours of DK yarn
- 4mm circualr needles
You will also need to bring or purchase a packed lunch. We will provide refreshments (plenty of cake!) throughout the day.
Your tutor for this class will be Carol Ibbetson. Carol works with many of the big publishers as a technical editor and pattern grader for knitting and crochet books. She is also a designer in her own right with a passion for sharing her skills.